Sunday, June 5, 2011

Thoughts on My First Web Conference

What an experience!  I recently participated in my first web conference.  Here I am, thinking I am advanced in my use of technology.  I mean I have the latest and greatest of hardware and software, and yet until Tuesday, I had never really turned my web cam on.  So there I sat in my old t-shirt and comfy shorts waiting for this thing to get started. As I logged in and things on my screen began to change I began to wonder if I had done this right.  Finally I had an option to share my camera, and there I was on the web!  That’s when I realized that I needed to better prepare my location and myself.  Conferencing from the comfort of my overstuffed chair in a corner of my bedroom may sound like a good idea, but as I sat there and watched others who were on the conference, I saw bookcases, and what appeared to be office space.  I felt a little intimidated.  I just sat back (actually leaned forward) and watched and listened as our instructor began to explain the course and process.  I will say I felt a little lost when she talked about the internship and the process.  I am hoping that in time everything will be revealed and this overwhelming feeling will soon disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment