Sunday, November 27, 2011

An Experience... in Digital Storytelling

This was an eventful couple of weeks.  As part of an assignment for EDLD 5363, I created a personal digital story.  The process through which I needed go was at time emotional for me.  I started out the week trying to write my script to share with my partner.  I found this difficult because I was not sure what I wanted to say.  As the week went on, I began to realize that it was difficult for me to share some personal things.  I decided to focus on how I have arrived at this point in my life.  To do this I had to relive a couple of times in my life, that are still painful.  One of those times is the death of my oldest son.  It is true that time heals all wounds, but this holiday season is difficult each year.  This year was especially hard, because I had to come to terms with his death in a public way.  I chose to include my very personal losses because they are what brought me to the place I am at in my life today.  I also found it difficult to create such a piece because of the lack of material.  I have limited evidence of such a life.  It seems that in the many moves that I have made, many of my photos have gotten lost or misplaced.  The photos are in a logical sequence, however I do not feel that they are in sync with the audio. I enjoyed the process of using technology to create the project.  I am just a little uncomfortable sharing such personal information, but again it was necessary to show how I got here.

No comments:

Post a Comment