Sunday, November 27, 2011

Web Conferences... Usually a Useful Thing

Well, two weeks ago I attended the first web conference for the new class, EDLD 5363.  I spent most of the meeting, in front of the camera with my mic muted.  I tend to want to be inconspicuous.  I felt overwhelmed and unsure of what I had gotten myself into.  The use of technology was not so much what I was worried about, it was the fact that i had to work with partners.  I am one who tends to want to do everything myself, and not depend on anyone; I also fear having others depend on me.  I home life and school life are so unpredictable, I never know how my day will start or end.  Which leads me to tonight's scheduled web conference.  I decided to log in a little early, sit and wait for the instructor to allow me in and enable my camera and mic; which I decided to not activate tonight.  Everything started out just fine, but the instructor lost a connection in middle of a discussion about intellectual property and publishing.  I am hopeful that another meeting will be scheduled, but am not sure if I will be able to attend.

No comments:

Post a Comment