Sunday, March 4, 2012

Web Conferences...not So BAD! Reflection Week 1 EDLD 5397

I recently attended the first web conference for a new class.  I was not enrolled in this particular class when the course began earlier in the week.  The web conference was held Thursday evening, and my enrollment in the course took effect Wednesday afternoon.  My first reaction was, WOOHOO!, but not after looking at the coursework!  Fear began to creep in, at least at first; but then I attended the first web conference.  I really wish this web conference could have been my very first one.  The instructor put me at ease with using the webcam and mic.  He made the experience pleasant, and not uncomfortable at all.  He explained a little about how the software would work and how to make it work for you and not against you.  I don’t think I will be as inhibited to participate in discussion and using the webcam as I have been in the past.  The instructor also provided valuable information about what was expected as I work through the coursework over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment