Sunday, July 24, 2011

To Research or Not to Research... A Reflection on Week 2 of Action Research


What roller-coaster ride this week has been. Week 2 of the Action Research class has had me all over the place. Even writing this reflection has me perplexed. What to I want to say? What do I want to research? Will ever be able to complete this? I have learned even more about action research and how passion for a topic can lead to wondering or questioning and these questions can lead to action. After reading the text for this week, spending some time thinking about what I want to really accomplish, and talking with my site mentor I have narrowed down a topic for further research. My research will incorporate Career and Technical Education (CTE) and academic (ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies) concepts. How can teachers work to integrate academic concepts into CTE courses and how can academic courses incorporate CTE concepts, and where do we begin? This topic is my passion, but will need to be narrowed down even farther and made a little more specific as I work toward developing a plan for the research.






image from
http://encoderpr.com.au/

No comments:

Post a Comment